If you are looking for a healthier breakfast option, nothing can beat oats for its health benefits. You can top the oatmeal with fresh fruits, cream or fresh berries. Here’s a quick recipe of baked oatmeal that you will definitely enjoy making and eating. So add healthy benefits of delicious oats to your breakfast by making baked oatmeal. This easy to prepare morning meal will leave you with ample time to get dressed up while keeping your stomach full!
- 1½ cups quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take a large bowl and mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg till fluffy. Whisk in milk, maple syrup and melted butter. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the oat bowl and stir to combine.
- Lightly spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray and pour the oatmeal mixture in.
- Bake for 30 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Enjoy as it is or serve with more milk, brown sugar, fruit and chopped nuts.
If you are allergic to dairy or eggs, you can choose the egg-free and dairy-free version of baked oatmeal.
Substitute dairy milk with almond or coconut milk and replace eggs with a gel mixture formed by combining 2 tablespoon of flaxseed meal with 4 tablespoon water. You can even add in half mashed banana to make the recipe soft. Follow the instructions to enjoy your baked oatmeal!
Serving size: ½ cup
Calories: 194; Total fat: 4g; Saturated fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 37mg; Sodium: 206mg; Carbohydrates: 36g; Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 22g; Protein: 5g; Potassium: 169mg; Phosphorus: 148mg