This is the most loved treat/breakfast thing at home. First when I made sweet banana dosa/crepes when I had a couple of over ready bananas and needed to take a stab at an option that is other than the banana raita. This same as the prevalent Mangalorean recipe of “Southekai dosa/crepes” or ‘Sweet Cucumber dosa/crepes’. Many years’ a while back I had tested supplanting the cucumber with mango puree and the subsequent ‘Sweet Mango Dosa’ too had turned out truly well.
Key Ingredients for Sweet Banana Dosa: (Serves for 4)
- Rice for Dosa: 1 cup
- Ready Bananas: 2 nos.
- Beaten rice/poha/avalakki: 1 cup
- Desiccated coconut: 3-4 tbsp
- Jaggery: 3/4th cup
- Yogurt/curd less fat: 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder: a pinch
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
How to cook:-
- Douse the rice and methi seeds not more than 3-4 hours.
- Just for pounding the mixture, wash the poha and leave aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Pound all the ingredients (except the cardamom) together with enough water to make a fine player (test the hitter for sweetness).
- Leave aside for 1/2 – 1 hour.
- Mix well with Cardamom powder.
- Warm a non-stick container and pour a scoop loaded with the hitter onto it. Spread it out in a roundabout movement to make a dosa/crepe.
- Let it cook for few of minutes, sprinkle little oil to the corner of dosa or crepes.
- Toss the dosa over and let it cooks till done.
- Serve the sweet banana dosa heat off the skillet and watch them vanish.
The sweet banana dosa can be eaten all things considered with no side or plunging sauce.
Note: Kept your any leftover batter in the refrigerator.