The weather is changing slowly cooling up for winter season and it’s the time to perfect your diet to thrive during the preseason.
Winter is the time for chills, cold, cough, and even some infections.
One thing which we need to understand is that the body’s sensitivity and immunity to cold weather depends upon…
• Healthy muscles (better toned muscles generate more heat even when you’re resting)
• enrich vitamin B
B vitamin deficient may find themselves more sensitive to cold temperatures.
Healthy tips for HEALTHY winters
• Add greens to build up the immunity levels: Add cabbage, , broccoli, and spinach in your daily diet.
• Vitamin B12 rich foods in your diet. When the body is deficient in vitamin B12, a condition known as pernicious anemia, it can’t make healthy red blood cells that are needed to carry oxygen throughout your body, and the result is coldness in your hands and feet and a general intolerance to cold temperatures. Rich sources for Vitamin B12 are fish, eggs, milk. For vegetarians, fortified breakfast cereals are a readily available source of vitamin B12 with high bio availability.
• Add exercise – Cold weather blues may make you less likely to work out, but there’s no better time to begin a regular program of exercise. This would not help in boosting the metabolism but will also help in avoiding the winter weight gain.
• Vitamin D a must take– Vitamin D is a sunshine vitamin and if you have deficiency of this vitamin, it is the right time to take some sunlight during the winter season. exposure to sunlight affects hormones that have an impact on both brain chemistry and the endocrine system. Even if you don’t suffer from a full-out case of “seasonal effective disorder,” 20 to 30 minutes a day of outdoor light exposure can help ward off fatigue and depression.
• Weight – if you are overweight than winter is the optimal time to go in for weight reduction. In winters, people become more lethargic, sedentary, eat rich foods like nuts, fried snacks resulting in gaining those extra kilos.
• Add detox in a week diet : Detoxification is a way to remove toxin build-up and unhealthy cells from the body, and has been used to improve health and boost the immune system. While the body has its own detoxification process each season, there are healthy winter’s food like amla, carrot , beetroot .